Tuesday, 23 March 2010

Dahlia is finished!

So back in May 2009, I cast on for Dahlia from Knitty. I used Cascade 220 bought from the wonderful Get Knitted and got to this point:



Then June hit, and I started the 52 Pair Plunge III, and my life was just all about socks!

So since we're *hopefully* moving soon, I decided I should probably get some WIPs done. A couple were done during the Ravelympics, one was frogged. I really wanted to get Dahlia done. I've been working a few rounds every night, and once I finished the skirt... I realised the sleeves only had 7 rounds left on them! I'd already done most of them!

Here she is, just under a year later:



Things I learnt from Dahlia:
  • Sewn bind-off takes a long time! An hour and a half it took me to bind off that skirt! But having never done this cast off before, I quite like it, may use it the next time I make a pair of toe-up socks.
  • Beaded bind-off is a bitch. Cast on 2, cast off 6. That took a long time too.
  • Picking up stitches along the neck is not something I'm very good at. Any time I make something like this now, I will slip stitches at the edge to make it easier to see.
I love my new top!

Pair #41 is plodding along, with plans already for pairs #42-45! Phew, I'm gonna be a busy bee!

xxx Elle xxx

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...