Tuesday, 16 March 2010

Pair #40!



Yup, thats pair #40 done and dusted! The pattern is pretty, but oh, it starts the round on a purl! So I have a purl ladder :( I'm very unhappy about it, and it didn't block out coz my sock blockers are too small! ARGH! Oh well. I got quite bored with the pattern too, the twisted stitches are hard going, although very effective. The yarn was nice, but I always like to work with Regia!

Pair #41 are on the needles! I'm using the arachne sock calculator as these are a pair requested by a friend with large-ish feet. She likes to wear them long, about mid-calf length, and I'm usually a "just beneath the calf muscle" sock starter. She was brilliant though, gave me all sorts of measurements, just hope they fit now!

xxx Elle xxx

6 comments:

  1. Ooh that's a gorgeous pattern, they're amazing!

    My sock blockers are a bit bigger than yours, I think, if you want to try them?

    Rhi x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, but its ok, need them done and dusted to give to mum on Saturday at the Stitch & Craft Show!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous blue - people must be able to hear the jolly clicketty click of your super-busy needles miles away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking good, Elle.

    Stupid question time - what are sock blockers & do you have to have them ?? :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Pat :) Sock blockers are the greeny things you see my socks modeled on. You just slip the sock on them and it helps to stretch the pattern out so it looks good in a photo ;) But some patterns need blocking, so you wet the item, pop them onto the blocker to stretch and then they dry in the shape you want them to be. You don't have to have them, and there are tutorials to make your own, but I like mine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, I see. Ta ever so :o)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...