Saturday, 10 April 2010

Pair #43!



Aren't they a happy pair of socks?! 3x1 rib to show the fabulous colours! This is another of KnitCave's hand dyed, an experiement to see how the different lengths of skeins affect the colours I think.

Anyway, this pair has a happy story too. Helen (myheartexposed on Rav) has asked on the UK Rak board for someone to knit a pair of socks for her son Ivan. Me being a sock knitting wizz jumped at the chance! I started these last Sunday, and finished them on Wednesday, mailed them out on Thursday and they were recieved on Friday!

Helen posted a blog about them, and you can see Ivan modelling the socks on there :) I'm so pleased he likes them!

Pairs #44 and #45 are on the needles! #44 is just a pair of baby socks, 2x2 rib, using the remains of the Regia Hand Dyed Effect. #45 is Kai-Mei from Cookie A (I swear she is a genius!) and I'm using a KnitCave yarn again (its the last one I have though!), Neon Heather 1. Its gorgeous and I can't wait to see it all knit up and prettyiful!

The Bat Shawl is hibernating for a little while, just so I can get the Plunge finished :D

xxx Elle xxx

3 comments:

  1. thank you so very much Elle, Ivan slept in his beautiful Rainbow Brights socks last night and now they are under his pillow whilst he is playing outside :)
    Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh bless his heart! I'm so pleased he loves them so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for Kai-Meis! Make sure you check out the errata though, there are some mistakes in the pattern for the left sock.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...