The 52 Pair Plunge is done.
Well. I knit 46 and a half pairs. I'm impressed, are you?
|Make your own free collage|
Things I learnt from the Plunge:
- Slipping stitches purlwise on the heel flap looks neater as the stitches aren't twisted, and gives my hands a little exercise ;)
- When turning the heel, if I k2tog instead of ssk I don't get a little hole and everything looks neater again.
- I am more likely to continue knitting a complicated pattern than a mindless one (go figure right?!)
- I cannot and will not force myself to finish something, it will only lead to me resenting and hating whatever it is I am knitting (pair #47 will be OTN for a while!). I love knitting socks, and I want to stay loving knitting socks.
- I have enough stash to do it again :P
As a personal challenge to myself, during the 26 Pair Plunge, I will only count adult socks, no work in progresses (thats finishing pair #47 out!), and only patterned socks, no vanilla socks be they stocking stitch or rib, it has to be patterned.
Yeah, I don't want to make it too easy for myself now!
Wish me luck, today I cast on Dragonfly in Gothic Yarns "Silver Moon Fairy".
xxx Elle xxx