Sunday, 19 September 2010

Bad Blogger... No Cookie!

I had such good intentions to blog at least once a week... such a bad blogger!

Anyway, I have finished things! Yes, yes I have! Seriously! No, I have. Look:


Look! Princess Mitts! They are very pretty and I love them and they are made from my handspun :D Oh yes, handspun goodness! The floof was from KnitCave, and its Merino/Tencel (superwash I believe!), and one that I navajo plied. There is errata to this pattern, so check it out. However, I didn't use it. I didn't like where the left thumb gusset had been placed. So I did this instead:

I used the right hand thumb pattern for both hands. On the right hand I placed the start of the thumb gusset as so: do cable, purl 2, knit 2, purl 1, place marker, make 1, purl 1, make 1, place marker, continue in pattern. On the left hand I place the thumb gusset as so: two stitches before finishing the round, place marker, make 1, purl 1, make 1, place marker, purl one. Start new round. Hopefully that makes sense!


I've also done some spinning! YAY! I spun the lush batt from PuddytatPurr that I won from the Tour de Fleece! Lookie at the BFL and all the sparklies:
 
 
Yum yum yum! Anyways, I managed to spin a DK weight yarn! YAY! Its 14 WPI, and 460 yards! I feel very proud of myself :D
 
 
I couldn't capture the same colour unfortunately, but thats definitely it, I promise!
 
What else have I been doing? Oh! I'm doing the Featherweight Cardigan with Rhian, I'm using the Knitting Goddess merino/tencel laceweight in Charcoal. Its delicious. 
We've done our gauge swatches, 4mm needles gave us both 5.5 stitches per inch. We need 6 stitches per inch! 3.5mm gave me gauge, poor Rhian is still struggling with hers :( I hope she gets it soon though! And to prove I did a swatch:
 
 
I cast it on last night... and yeah, its gonna take forever to make!
xxx Elle xxx
 

1 comment:

  1. Gold star for productivity! It totally cancels out any Absent Blogger points :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...