Sunday, 5 September 2010

Pair #6 - Hopsox


Yay! I finished them! This is the yarn I helped KnitCave to dye - remember that blog post? Anyway, the pattern is Hopsox from p/hop and if you don't know what p/hop do, you should check them out coz its a fabulous cause.

 
I'm not going to point out my mistake, but I did it on both socks, so its become a design feature k?

These are for Molly from Celtic Swan Needles - every year she does a trade. You knit her a pair of socks, she'll send you a set of her bronze DPNs. I managed to get in on the trade this year! If you click on the link and scroll down the page, you'll see some of the gorgeous socks she's been sent in the past.

Currently I have no socks on the needles, although there are two pairs to cast on. I'm knitting a hat for my friend's small child, and I couldn't find a pattern that would fit him! So, I've kinda sorta designed it myself. Said small child has the same size head as me (take that as I have a very small head, not that small child has a big head!), so if it fits me, it should fit him! And if its nice, maybe I'll write the pattern up. Who knows?! Anyway, its also my homework for Charms: Knit a protective covering. Small child will be protected from the cold! YAY! Then to make a matching scarf and mittens for him. Although they may have to become a Christmas present instead of birthday present, theres just so much to knit right now!

xxx Elle xxx 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...