Sunday, 23 January 2011

Pair #16 and some other stuff. Mmm stuff.

So yeah! Wizards and stuff.

Well, no, not really wizards. But definitely stuff. I finished pair #16 for the 26 Pair Plunge (and yes, they have all been adult sized patterned socks - I'm just so awesome!).

Here they are! The pattern is Alternate Steps, the yarn is Regia Design Line Jazz Colors. Mmm Slytherin goodness colours. The pattern is wonderful, I love the use of slipped stitches. I didn't like the heel turn though, I think its called a Dutch heel? You don't k or p 1 after the ssk or p2tog, so you always have, say 12 stitches to work on. It makes for a very roomy heel cup, and I only have a titchy heel. I think also I could have worked this on 60 stitches rather than the 64 it called for, as the pattern repeat is 4 stitches. They still fit pretty well though.

The above socks are also my "A" socks for the UK Sock Knitter's Year-Long A-Z KAL. My "B" socks are BFF by Cookie A, using Laughing Yaffle yarn. I have so much Yaffle yarn, I better use it!

I also knit myself a pair of luxurious yoga socks.


I've been playing a lot on the Wii Fit lately, and I have to do it in bare feet (particularly when yoga-ing it up). And as we all know, I have constantly cold feet, which puts me off doing exercise. I decided to finally use up some of the fingering weight yarn that lacks nylon up, and put them to good use as yoga socks. The yarn is 80% lambswool, 10% cashmere and 10% angora. Yummy good times. Not really my colours, a bit too salmon pink, but they work ok.

My darling, my lovely, my beautiful TechGeek bought me a set of 2.5mm Blackthorn DPNs. I've been lusting after these for some time, as they are made from carbon! How amazingly aweosme is that?! They are an early anniversary present, we celebrate 5 years next month. My present to him was to raid my savings and take us on a long weekend to Centre Parcs, and use the Christmas money from my parents and my nan to book us into the spa for a couples massage. Bliss!

Now I need to cast on more socks!

xxx Elle xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...