Saturday, 5 February 2011

Pair #17, a hat, a blanket and some yarn

The weather outside is frightful... so stay indoors and knit! So I did :D

I finished pair #17 of the 26 Pair Mini Plunge:

The pattern is BFF Socks by Cookie A, the yarn is the gorgeous as always Laughing Yaffle in colourway "Twilight". Love this pattern so much, I need to knit it again at some point. These are also my "B" socks for the UK Sock Knitter's Year Long A-Z KAL. Of which many, many people are knitting with us!

Next up is a hat.
Awww lookit me hiding behind my iPhone! The pattern in Sockhead Hat, and the yarn is Colinette Jitterbug. As I have found out, I can't wear socks without nylon in, as I wear through them in a matter of months. I have two pairs that need to be mended, but I'm procrastinating with them. Must find more things to knit with my non-nylon sock yarn!

Then there is an awesome crochet blanket. Yes, I have been doing crochet! Don't spread crochate!

The pattern is Baby Blue: A Spiral Baby Blanket, and its wonderfully easy to do once you get the hang of it. The yarn  is Patons Trentino DK, and its for my friend Emily who is expecting a baby any day now! (We want a girl, all my friends have boys, we need a girl, they have more awesome stuff to knit!).

And then I've made some yarn. Ooo look at the fibre it was to begin with:
Mmm pretty alpaca and merino from the Thylacine. Colourway "Walkabout". This stuff is soft, fluffy, and I wanted to bury my face in it.
And theres the yarn I made. Its fingering weight, 200grams, and 1040 yards. Yes, you read that right. I was pretty shocked at the yardage too. Loving it!

Finally, Miss Elle Knits has reached 12 episodes, which is very exciting, and I'm very happy that there seem to be about 300 people out there who enjoy listening to me ramble about fluff and things and stuff. I thank you for that :D

xxx Elle xxx

2 comments:

  1. The socks are gorgeous! And the fiber - I just can't resist fiber;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :D Fibre is awesome, I need more fibre (not really... but you know... more is always good :P)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...