Wednesday, 30 March 2011

Day Three: 30th March. Tidy mind, tidy stitches. 2KCBWDAY3

How do you keep your yarn wrangling organised? It seems like an easy to answer question at first, but in fact organisation exists on many levels. Maybe you are truly not organised at all, in which case I am personally daring you to try and photograph your stash in whatever locations you can find the individual skeins. However, if you are organised, blog about an aspect of that organisation process, whether that be a particularly neat and tidy knitting bag, a decorative display of your crochet hooks, your organised stash or your project and stash pages on Ravelry.

During the house renovations, the stash is everywhere. Well, not everywhere. Its organised, but in two different rooms. The yarn is in 3 poofeee things (poufee?), you know, the boxes you put your feet on whilst relaxing on the sofa.

Here is poofeee number 1.


He is in the main bedroom, sitting on top of a chest of drawers. I know, I know, I'm scared too that he's going to jump off.

He contains my sock yarn and handspun yarn scraps, which will all one day become blankets. Honestly.


Yeah... I should get started on that soon...

Poofeee number 2 is on the floor next to the chest of drawers that number 1 is on top of.


He is frequently covered in stuff, coz thats my side of the bed. That white yarn there... thats going to be a top for my nan. I've only had the stuff about a year!

He contains all my sock yarn. And some sock books. If you look carefully at the next picture you will the yarn I've bagged with patterns ready to grab for the UK Sock Knitter's A-Z KAL.


Phew. So thats 2 of the 3 poofeee's done. Number 3 is currently in our makeshift lounge (aka the guest bedroom). He's taking up a lot of valuable floorspace, but TechGeek does like to put his feet up whilst watching TV (not that we can do that anymore - he blew up the media PC last night and there is no TV ariel port anywhere but the actual lounge!).


Number 3 contains the rest of the yarn. My handspun. Random odd balls of stuff. The yarn for my B-Side Cardigan. That sort of thing.


And now for the fibre. Of course, we all start off saying "I'm only going to have enough to fit in one box!" Yeah, this was my one box.


It's a terrible picture, but as you can see, its in the makeshift lounge as my makeshift coffee table. Anyway, to be fair, most of the fibre does live in there. Theres only a little bit on the floor... Look...


Ahem. Anyway. Once the garage has been converted in TechGeek's office, I get the back bedroom as my craftroom. And even if the garage doesn't get converted, I still get the built in wardrobe for storage.


See, lots of space for stuff and things and fluff! YAY!

Anyways, I'm going to put an Ikea Expediet bookcase in there, as the little boxes will be perfect for differing yarns, books, and I can buy one of those drawer thingies to put needles and notions in... plus the whole top shelf can contain fleece should I ever buy one.


So ask me this question in a year... see if the yarn really will fit in that one bookcase :P

xxx Elle xxx

3 comments:

  1. The ikea bookcases hold loads!

    I think you are too neat btw :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh a proper sized room for creativity . Green eyed monster sitting her with her cold coal shed

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mine fits in one suitcase! A nice leather one which lives on top of my wardrobe. I wish I had a Craft Room, but I make do with a Nook :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...