Sunday, 3 April 2011

Day seven: 3rd April. Your knitting and crochet time. 2KCBWDAY7

Write about your typical crafting time. When it is that you are likely to craft – alone or in more social environments, when watching TV or whilst taking bus journeys. What items do you like to surround yourself with whilst you twirl your hook like a majorette’s baton or work those needles like a skilled set of samurai swords. Do you always have snacks to hand, or are you a strictly ‘no crumbs near my yarn!’ kind of knitter.

Oh I'm so sad that this is the last day of blog week! I've found some lovely new blogs to follow, and I've loved reading peoples posts this week. So thank you everyone for such an enjoyable time and thank you also for the lovely comments I've had :)


Currently, I don't have a favourite place for crafting. Since we are undergoing extensive house renovations, the lounge has been in 3 different places. When we first moved in, it was the lounge. Then it was the back bedroom (hopefully soon to be my craft room!), then back to the lounge. Now its the front bedroom. Tomorrow the new lounge gets its floor tiled, so maybe next weekend we'll be able to move back in :D

Anyway, what I usually do whilst crafting. Whether its knitting or spinning, there is generally some noise in the background. I could be listening to podcasts, in particular I listen to Brass Needles (knitting + scifi = win!), KnitCents (knitting and saving money, we like even if its American, it does crossover), Knitmore Girls (mother & daughter podcasting about their crafting life), The Savvy Girls (funny, clever, makes me laugh like Lime & Violet used to, but much cleaner!), Yarngasm (love her voice), and Yarnspinners Tales (all about spinning, teaches me stuff!).

I could of course, just be listening to music. If I am then its usually my whole music library on shuffle and repeat, so I will get lots of Disturbed, Ozzy Osbourne, HIM, Bowling for Soup, interspersed with Jake Coco, Disney movie soundtracks, Mike Oldfield's Tubular Bells (1,2,3 and Millenium), and all the chill out music I had when I was learning complimentary and holistic therapies.

Before TechGeek blew up our media PC *shakes head*, I could stick on the TV and watch episodes of whatever we had copied from DVDs. Now I'm stuck with watching the actual DVDs, not as fun when you have to get up and change them all the time. Add to that frustration that 90% of the DVDs are still packed away in boxes in a cupboard... Oh, and the only place in the house that has a TV aerial plug is the lounge!

I craft anytime I'm awake. So now that its warmer I take something simple to "work" (I'm a volunteer at a charity), and have been able to knit at the train station again. I even crocheted some small granny squares during a fundraising meeting a couple of weeks ago.

Oh! Oh! I forgot! I drop spindle in the kitchen/dining room! If I'm cooking, I prepare everything right a the beginning. Otherwise I forget something (its happened, prepped the veg and forgotten to start cooking pasta - damn fibro and its short term memory loss!). And its best if I stay near the kitchen timer to check it. So I keep my drop spindle with some luscious baby camel fibre in the kitchen for these times. It doesn't get much done, but at least its happening right?!

So this has become long and rambly, so I leave you with a picture of the new lounge. The bumpy bit is where the original wall was, so you can see how much floor area we've gained!

xxx Elle xxx

PS: Today I have been alive for 10,000 days. I feel this achievement should be celebrated! Cookies for all!

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on 10000 days. From someone who is counting down to 15000. I am on 14 471 so just another year and a bit to go. By the way once you get to 30 you will find that the years go quicker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww lovely post, hope your renovations are over soon! I like to knit in the kitchen sometimes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post Elle. It has been a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great recess lights and wall color. You can use any color scheme in there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shall you keep posting pics of your house progress ? It'll be interesting to see how it ends up :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...