Tuesday, 14 June 2011

World Wide Knit In Public Day 2011

Saturday saw the 6th annual World Wide Knit In Public Day. Ok, so it now runs for a week to maximise the events, but the first Saturday its on is usually the best for the people I know.

I blogged a few entries ago about going to the one in Bradford-On-Avon, organised by Jumble Jelly. It was an absolutely fantastic day, even if I didn't get much knitting or spinning done because I was too busy chatting to everyone for the podcast :P

Caroline took some pictures and sent them to me, because of course, I forgot to take my own pictures as well. Bad blogger/podcaster, no marmite rice cakes for me!

So here is me interviewing Victoria, who needs to hang on to her man. He bought her Lantern Moon crochet hooks, without being told to buy them! Are we all jealous or what?!

And that is Victoria's mum, who's name escapes me coz I'm a scatter brain like that. And yes, I was totally showing off the Veil Of Isis!


And this man absolutely fascinates me. Peter knits everything in the round, which isn't unusual, but he does it with double knitting. So he uses two double pointed needles. Just two. Not four or five like we normal people would. Just two. Here he is demonstrating his own sewn bind off, I did record his explanation, but it really needs a video to go with it.

And here is me trying on Peter's finished sock. I can say that his sewn bind off is indeed very stretchy, and looks very neat.

The day was just so much fun, we had a lot of interest from people walking past, and I even tried to teach a 5 year old girl to knit. She was so in to it, but she couldn't hold the needles very well bless her, she needs little child ones! As you can see from the pictures, we had a fabulously mostly sunny day. I had wanted to bring my wheel out to play, but the weather had been so wet that I didn't want to risk it.

As other people blog about the day, I will add them to the list, but so far theres a lovely write up from Eleni Drinks Tea (who bought a flask of tea with her!) and from KnitCave who bought along her gorgeous quilt to sit on, and taught Chris (husband of one of Jumble Jelly) about fleece and spinning.

xxx Elle xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...