Monday, 22 August 2011

Making Monday - Bunting!

Thank you for your lovely comments on my last post - we are all tough girls!

For this weeks Making Monday I would like to present a sewing project! YAY me! I love my Lorelai sewing machine :D After a rocky start, we are getting along quite well now :)

So whilst bimbling about at the wonderful place that is Jumble Jelly, I saw Debs making up these little kits:
Isn't that just the coolest thing?! Its a Very Hungry Caterpillar bunting kit! For £10.50 you too can be the proud owner of one of these kits (say that in one of those announcer voices - go on, you know you want to!).

 So here is what you get. Four different fabrics, a length of ribbon/bias stuff, matching cotton, a pin and a label that says "Handmade with Love". Awwww!

And off I went! I sewed the fabrics together into triangles! And then came the dilema... what order to put them in?!

I figured that was quite nice, start with yellow, then food, then dots, then caterpillar, middle yellow and mirror.

Here's another picture. I'm not quite sure why. Pictures!

And I sewed all the triangles to the ribbon, keeping an even spacing of 3 inches between each flag. And yes, I did measure it all!


Its a wibbly picture because I took it with the panoramic picture taker app. But you can see it all!

And there, laid out in a circle looking all happy! Its finished! It was so much fun! I don't want to give it away but it doesn't go with my black/white/grey house :P

More sewing is needed now!!!

xxx Elle xxx

4 comments:

  1. Ooh bunting! I bought some bias binding last week because I really want to make some for our house – we need more handmade stuff on display. I have loads of scraps of fabric, just need to get round to cutting and sewing now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH. MY. GOD!

    I've been thinking about making bunting for the imminent arrival of my first baby, and this would be perfect!

    Have emailed to see if they'll do mail order. Thanks for joining in Making Monday - I'd never have known about it otherwise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, this is the best bunting I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here in Canada we would call it a banner. A bunting is what one places a baby in like a bunting bag, lol! Would be fun on a summer's day outdoors for a picnic or BBQ. Could see kids of all ages loving it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...