Monday, 12 September 2011

Making Monday - My first knitting pattern!

So what you see above is my first knitting pattern that I wrote all by myself, and then uploaded to Ravelry for lots of lovely people to purchase for £1!

Writing knitting patterns is hard. Especially when you have fibro brain. If I can't understand something, then pretty much no-one else will. And how simple to make the instructions? Charts or written instructions? So much to think about.

Anyway, the scarf is in Rowan KidSilk Haze. Not my first choice for yarn (I don't like silk), but I wanted something luxurious, that was also widely available.

Once I had the pattern down, it took me three days to knit. I wasn't knitting anything else, but still. It was quick!

And my test knitters have zoomed through it as well. And big massive thanks to them (you know who you are!).

So yeah, I'm looking forward to designing some more stuff - matching fingerless mittens anyone?

6 comments:

  1. Pretty! I have grand plans to develop a pattern for knitting tights...but it's a bit like my grand plan to become a rock star at the moment...a little bit pie in the sky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh oh oh - that's really pretty! I've just finished knitting a cardigan in Kid Silk Haze and was wondering what to do with the left-over yarn...!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your scarf is so pretty and a huge a well done for your first pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty!

    And congrats on getting your first knitting pattern out there- hope it sells well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely! I have a link party at my blog right now. I would love it if you linked up one of your projects. Have a nice day!
    Annemarie
    www.annemarieshaakblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...