Saturday, 11 February 2012

Sock Saturday - Globetrotter

I haven't been blogging as much again. I know, bad Elle, no gluten free vegan treat for you!

So I've been knitting up a lot of socks again. Which is never unusual. I figured it would be fun to do a Sock Saturday post, showing either a completed pair, whatever is in progress, or re-visiting a favourite pair of socks. Could be fun, I think!

This week I have a completed pair of socks. I used Globe Trotter as the basis of the pattern, its a firm favourite of mine now! It is a free pattern on Ravelry, and I've lost count of how many times I've used it - I don't even need to read the pattern!

The yarn is Laughing Yaffle sock in colourway Miss Scarlett. It is one of the first skeins I bought from LY, and set the basis for my love of all things Yaffle. This year I have a determination to use more of Yaffle stash! Its just so pretty in the skein, and I like to show it off...

What socks is everyone else working on? I've been teaching a learn to knit socks workshop at Jumble Jelly, it has been so much fun!

Elle
xxx

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous socks! I was so sorry to miss your workshop, but we were in Cornwall for the first week and S is often not back in time for me to get out during the week.

    Anyway. I am knitting my first ever socks in the blue/green/white Trekking that I bought at Jumble-Jelly, it is knitting up perfectly. Pattern is the Spud and Chloe Modern Ribbed Socks for Bigger Feet, with the Silver tutorial open in the background too. I honestly can't wait to have my first pair of hand-knit socks... Hope you're well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hurrah for your first pair of socks! I think Silver's tutorial is the best you could ever hope to follow (apart from an actual workshop with me hahaha!). We miss you in Jumble Jelly - come and visit us soon please :D

      Delete
  2. Clearly, good as Silver is, she could not come close to a workshop with you :). I'm hoping to bring Blythe across to BoA one day this week (it's half-term) so would love to pop in and see you. x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...