Tuesday, 13 March 2012

Cables At An Angle


This is my latest design, a gorgeous scarf knit on the bias with cables going at a diagonal across the scarf.

It uses one ball of Rico Superba Poems fingering weight yarn, and so would work with any sock yarn. I think it would also work well in a heavier yarn too!

This design has been bubbling in my mind ever since I knit a Clapotis. I loved the construction, knitting on the bias is so much fun! And then when I saw the Rico Superba Poems I knew the long colour repeats would lend itself well to this pattern that had been brewing.



It took a long time to create! I started designing this at the end of September last year. It went through several incarnations before I was finally happy with the cable width and height - at least this yarn doesn't mind being frogged too much!

And so its finally finished, and available for purchase! Fully written and charted, this pattern is knit on 4mm needles and uses a cable needle and 8 stitch markers. It can be bought for £2.50 from Ravelry or Hobby Buddies.


Elle
xxx

2 comments:

  1. Your scarf is beautiful! I love it, the colour and the design work so well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love the long colour repeats of this yarn, it really did help the pattern show well!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...