Saturday, 7 April 2012

Sock Saturday - Bargain Balls!

Ahhh... Bargain balls. How can one resist sock yarn thats on sale? Especially when its sport weight in a 150 gram ball for... £3.99. Oh Kemps, we love you so much!

Now I have perfected my fingering weight sock. A 60 stitch cast on is best for me. But sport weight? Thats a whole new ball game! Many discussions on Twitter and Ravelry were followed to determine what I should do best.

Too many conflicts! I decided to wing it and hope for the best.

I cast on 48 stitches, fingers crossed that this would work. If it didn't... Well, it would fit someone right?!?!?!


Well the Knitting Goddess must have been looking down on me quite favourably... as it worked! Perfect fit.

I now have another 8 balls of this bargain yarn, I kept saying this winter that I needed thicker socks (I wear my handknit socks ALL year round as I have incredibly cold feet). Each ball is a different colour too.

I think I'll stick with the same 3x1 rib for all of them. At least then I'll know they will be nice, thick and warm if this winter is anything like the one just gone (its possible I thought it was worse than it was due to no central heating and a flat with single pane windows brrr).

Elle
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...