Tuesday, 29 May 2012

This one is for you.

Today my ex embarks on the next chapter of his life, and whilst I'm terribly sad that its without me... I know its going to be the most amazing and exciting time for him.

And so this post is to thank him for the wonderful years we spent together. You taught me so much, you helped me grow as a person... and I will never forget you for that.

When we met I was this little ball of anger, the slightest thing would tip me over the edge and I would throw things at you, and slam doors and just horrible really. Hey, remember that time I threw a fork at you?! I couldn't imagine doing that now. I'm still not sure how we got through those first couple of years together!

I was a spoilt little girl, I expected you to do everything for me, but I soon learnt that wasn't going to happen. And yes I will still pout occasionally when things don't go my way, but I don't throw the hissy fits like I used to. You taught me that wouldn't swing in the real world.

You were with me when I got sick, and held my hand when I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia. You told me that I would be able to beat it, and you learnt to recognise the signs that meant I was overdoing it, and you would make me stop and rest.

You taught me to love myself. I know I was in constant need of reassurance of your love, but you have no idea how much that helped me. You told me I was beautiful, that I could do anything I put my mind to... and I believed you. You built my self confidence up to the point that I am sitting here, after 7 months on my own saying... "Hey, you know what? I can do this. I really truly can do this by myself."

Above all you loved me. And I know in a way you still do and you always will. Just like I will always love you. I was never angry at you for the way things ended, I was disapointed and upset, I was angry at someone else for forcing it to happen... but that wasn't you.

So thank you for the wonderful memories of the past 6 years, thank you for being the rock I leant upon when things got rough and thank you for being you. You are amazing, you are awesome, and you have great things to accomplish. I will always be here for you should you need me, and if things are meant to be then we will find each other again one day.

But for now its time to close this chapter, and carry on with our adventures seperately.

Elle
xxx

3 comments:

  1. Adorable - what a lovely post xxx (( hug))

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely thing to be able to say to an ex. Even without knowing either of you I found reading it very moving. I hope I can be as positive in my life in times when I need to take a step back to see what is going on.
    Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful post. It's too easy not to remember all the positives from a relationship that finished too soon, thank you for making me think x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...