Thursday, 7 June 2012

Jubilee Weekend Fun!

Saturday:
Spent the day in Jumble Jelly, as is my custom for Saturdays :) Lots of British themed fabric was bought by various people for bunting. I draped myself in some that Debbie had made, and that was Saturdays celebrations!


Sunday:
A lazy morning, but a fabulous afternoon! BoA had planned a Big Picnic Lunch at Barton Farm. There was a hog roast and brass band promised. So I packed my lunch, found a blanket (cutting up some bin bags to lay on the ground first), and pootled off to meet Laura and Sarah, my picnicing friends. Unfortunately when we got there it was raining again.

The brass band were still there though, and a few braze souls were picnicing under trees. Unfortunately the promised hog roast was not there, and so Laura and Sarah consoled themselves with Pimms.


After a mooch around the little artisan shops we headed back to Laura's flat where she was cooking up some deliciousness foods that even I had a try at eating!


We drank tea from proper cups and saucers, and ate on the floor. Ok, I ate on the floor in the spirit of the failed picnic! After a fun afternoon we parted ways, only to be meeting up again the following day!

Monday:
I was going to have a fairly intense Monday morning of paperwork and things, but Laura text to ask if I needed to go to the recycling centre (there does not appear to be any recycling boxes where I live now, and Laura doesn't have any either), and since I love to recycle, I said yes! She came and got me and we headed to Trowbridge, where I discovered you can recycle Tetra Pak! YAY! We then had a quick look in New Look in town, and I bought some more vest tops (its rude not to when they are £2.49), however they didn't have any small adult ones... so I ended up with age 14-15 years old! Which should be tax free right coming from the children's section? But they were the same price as the adult ones!

We came back for lunch, and an hour later headed off for Glastonbury, meeting up with Sarah and Libby. By happy coincidence a certain fella who I met at Wonderwool was also in town that day, and we met for a little bit. I don't think its going to go anywhere though unfortunately, I'm still in that head phase of OMG I want my ex back so bad. I had a bit of a wobble on the drive home, and haven't been quite right since about it.

Whilst in Glasto though I did a little bit of purchasing in their awesome wholefood shop, and bought a few new things to try and yum yum yum! I also bought some henna for my hair.

That evening on the BoA events list was a "happening". To start at 9:30. I had a suspicion it would be something to do with the beacons being light across the country, but as we don't have an official beacon, I had no idea what they'd do. I wasn't actually going to go but I saw the time was 9:15, and its literally a 3 minute walk now from where I live to Westbury Gardens, so I figured why the heck not.

On arrival I saw this in the river:


Yup, we were going to be setting fire to the river! There is also a man in a small round boat (corricle sp?). At that point I text Laura as she hadn't been planning to come, and she raced down with her camera too. I bumped into a couple more friends, Dave and Cass and Lou and her family, and we all had lots of fun waiting for the happening to begin!


The mayor arrived and got into the little boat too. The little boat is very small, and only designed for one person... and guess who fell out?! Oh yes, the dear old mayor! I'd overheard him saying that he couldn't swim!

Soon it was time to light the beacon!


The last one is where a small piece tried to make a get away! Luckily the fire brigade where on hand to prevent things like this. They also seemed to just be having lots of fun, having set up this fan like waterfall, and towards the end having a water fight amongst themselves.

There were fireworks, the Queen's theme tune was played, and there was music coming from the gazebo set up around the big tree.

Soon I started to get cold as I didn't have a coat on, and we headed off across the town bridge to get a different view. But it still just looked like burning wood on a river haha!

Tuesday:
This was a very lazy morning, involving knitting and Netflix and staying in bed for a while. Then hennaing my hair. Just after washing out the henna and enjoying the lovely shine to my hair, Our Laura text and asked if she could come round (this is now a different Laura!). After explaining I was having a grunge day and exchanging the fact neither of us was wearing make up, she set off down the hill to visit my new place. I quickly tidied up :P

After an enjoyable chat we headed out for a quick walk. Which was good because otherwise I would have stayed in all day feeling sorry for myself!

I went back home, cooked a nice dinner for myself, and spent the evening knitting and watching Fraiser (which also makes me cry as that was the series the ex and I were watching before the split - I got to the episodes we watched the night I left last night and sobbed my heart out).

And so that was my Jubilee weekend. How was yours?

Elle
xxx

PS: much love to the Queen! WOOP!!!!


4 comments:

  1. Hi! Just found your blog and have nominiated you for the Versatile Blogger award, which I'm sure you've already received many times, but here it is again :) Love me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a right royal weekend! I think I stayed in hiding from the rain for two days straight!

    There will be lots more crying, I'm sure, but eventually it will turn into sweet nostalgia, and you'll be free to watch Fraser once again :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweetie. I just figured if I could get through watching it then maybe I could actually move on. I emailed him this week to see how he's getting on in Oz, but no reply so I'm wondering if he just doesn't want me in his life at all?

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...